BRANCH i18n is badly screwed up (SHOWSTOPPER)

Pedro Morais morais at kde.org
Thu Dec 19 00:35:04 GMT 2002

I pointed this to the i18n mailling list a 9 days ago, then
pablo also reported it, then Eugene Onischenko reported part of it,
and then... nobody answered.

As of today (cvs update just now) kde-i18n is badly screwed up
in KDE_3_1_BRANCH.
I'll quote my previous e-mail:

Todays msgmerge lost all non-ASCII chars on the pot files;
just look at the fuzzies on kstars ou noatun to see what I mean.
Maybe the person who did the merges used a different msgmerge
from the usual?

Also, what happened to cupsdconf?
I guess the new fuzzies and untranslated are OK, we've got a lot
of time, but look at the obsoletes; are we really going to throw
away all those documentation-like strings?

Also, more stuff on the cupsdconf problem:

after a latest msgmerge in KDE_3_1_BRANCH I have found a lot of fuzzies and
untranslated messages in cupsdconf.po . All these strings came from
kdeprint/cups/cupsdconf/* . But according to
kdelibs/kdeprint/cups/Makefile.am cupsdconf is NOT used (cupsdconf2 is used).
So there is no sense to translate the new version of cupsdconf.po.
Should I revert the changes?
May be it is a bug in merge script for KDE_3_1_BRANCH?

Can somebody at *least* answer?
Thanks.

--
Pedro Morais - LEIC/IST - pmmm at rnl.ist.utl.pt http://www.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~pmmm
P�ina Portuguesa do KDE http://kde.poli.org morais at kde.org
"Still something's missin'... cannot say..." - Pearl Jam