Looking for feedback on Gnome/KDE article

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Sun Dec 15 13:52:59 GMT 2002

On Sunday 15 December 2002 1:47 am, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
|  On Saturday 14 December 2002 21:13, Havoc Pennington wrote:
|  > Re: fejj's advogato diary that Guillaume pointed to - nothing
|  > revolutionary there
|
|  For the record, I didn't mean that it was. It was pretty much what you
| said : OO is big, Bonobo is hard, it's just not doable. I probably should
| have made that more explicit, but I assumed the "OO is big" bit was
| understood.

To finalize: no hope to see OpenOffice with GTK/GNOME user interface in
nearest future?  Such a pity...
Despite I strongly back KOffice, I doubt I would be able to migrate some
company to KOffice in nearest future, too.  Opening and saving PowerPoint
presentations ia *a must*,  not spekaing about writing Excel and Word's .doc
files.
My wife is thinking to start drug store chain (chain of pharmacies), and she
asked wether she(we) can use Linux on Desktops in this new company.
So far, I can't tell her "yes"  :-((
OpenOffice in its current state is not usabel on typical (Linux) computer. I
have heard though that it's quite usable on WIndows platform.  Still better
than payinmg for MS Office...
// sorry for off-topic

--

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released