Permissions when using file_move

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Mon Dec 9 06:21:34 GMT 2002

On Sunday 08 December 2002 22:29, David Faure wrote:

> This should fix it.

[snip]

> Hmm, this reverts a commit of mine...
>
> revision 1.98
> date: 2001/01/10 01:18:05;  author: faure;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -3
> Don't chmod an existing file in put()
>
> Ouch. Not sure anymore why I did that change (>1 year ago).
> Can't make up my mind on this. Anyone ? :)

Perhaps just copy the behaviour of "mv" and "cp" here? mv and cp never
maintain the filemode of the destination file. They respect the users umask,
unless cp is used with -p, where it preserves the source files attributes.

regards,
	matze

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"