KDE 3.1: delayed

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 5 23:56:22 GMT 2002

Dirk Mueller <mueller at kde.org> wrote:
> I neither like any of them, but I prefer to go with b), as it also allows
> for other bugs which have been reported to be fixed. For an impression just
> have a look at the lately steadily rising open bug count on
> http://bugs.kde.org/.

Well, no use in rushing it, I suppose, although there will be a *lot*
of disappointed people.  I have people asking me almost everyday when
KDE 3.1 will be out... (even in person!).  So I guess we should
announce the new schedule soonish and inform the users.  An RC5 will
probably keep them happy for a while.

What are the other disadvantages?  Will the fact that HEAD is now open
be a big problem?

What's the policy for committing to the KDE 3.1 branch?

Cheers,
Navin.