To bugs.kde.org maintainers: Thank You

Daniel Stone dstone at kde.org
Thu Dec 5 09:46:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 08:53:25AM +0100, David Faure scrawled:
> On Thursday 05 December 2002 02:22, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:17:26PM -0800, Neil Stevens scrawled:
> > > To all who have worked on the new Bugzilla system, thank you.  The new
> > > system and its greater accessability has just helped tie together various
> > > bugs related to libartskde, and has now yielded a patch from a user.  I
> > > don't think this would have happened so quickly and easily with the old
> > > system.
>
> I very much agree here, the new system makes us much more efficient
> in fixing bugs (a good proof is the masssive reduction in the number of open
> bugs, over the last few months).

Yes. The old debbugs was a nightmare, maintainability-wise. I agree that
Bugzilla is an astonishing improvement on what we had.

> > What sort of crack are you on?
>
> What about you? Did he say "ddebugs suck"? No, he simply said "the new
> KDE Bug Report System is better than the _old_ one" - which is 200% true,
> even you agree to that! This has nothing to do with "the current ddebugs".
> Stop taking any "bugzilla is a good tool" comment as a personal attack towards
> you or ddebugs.

I really need to make my <joke/> tags more explicit, I think.

-d, the misunderstood (no, really)

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel at raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone at kde.org>
Developer - http://kopete.kde.org, http://www.kde.org