Maintainership of KMail

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Dec 3 05:17:41 GMT 2002

On Die, 03 Dez 2002, Don Sanders wrote:

> > What is a Adopter ?
> In open source / free software an adopter is someone who adopts an
> orphaned package. (See also Homesteading the Nooshere)

Ok, explanation understood, but the real question was "why is it so
important for being adopter and not maintainer?". Either you're willing to
maintain the code (i.e. feel responsible for it, work on incoming bug
reports, make sure the app is ready for releases), or you're just a
"contributor", who makes things work but otherwise doesn't feel responsible
for it.

In either case I don't see where "adopter" would fit into this picture.

--
Dirk (received 183 mails today)