bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Wed Aug 28 18:52:09 BST 2002

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 4:22 pm, Daniel Naber wrote:
|  On Tuesday 27 August 2002 10:48, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  > Agreed.
|  > And IMHO quality of bugs reported to bugs.kde.org is *much higher* than
|  > for Mozilla.
|
|  The problem with Mozilla is that they for some reason don't really try to
|  avoid duplicates. We will have a wizard that does exactly that (similar to
|  the current one, but better).

Good to know.
I have tried previous version of Wizard, it was *too slow* to be useful.

|  > I am regualry checking KHTML/KJS bugs, so far I haven't found fake
|  > e-mail address.
|
|  Maybe not fake, but people very often simply don't reply to questions. I
|  think logging in (for submitting bugs, not for searching) is a good idea.

It's the same as in the "real world"/business world.
Sometimes you need to ask your partner (to do something) 3, 4, 6 times - to
get it done. That's why companies still need *managers* (in good meaning of
this word), and those managers *complement* clever computer systems :-)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)