PATCH:KLineEdit

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Aug 24 00:32:37 BST 2002

On Saturday 24 August 2002 17:49, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Friday 23 August 2002 02:25 pm, Dawit A. wrote:
> > Since we are in a freeze, would anyone object to the following patch that
> > makes an insignificant change in terms of KLineEdit's functionality and
> > adds one new member function ?
>
> Why is this needed?

Mainly this is to prevent unnecessary updates to when things did not change.
For example, I used this in kcm_clock to prevent update of the hour and minute
line edit when only the second changed.  So if you selected the clock to
change the time for example,  it will not be automatically deselected
everytime the second ticks.  This could of course can be done differently
from within the app itself, but one thing I noticed is that many people do
not bother to do that.  Perhaps meeting them half way will result in
consistent behavior in some of the little things that could add up to create
inconsistencies.

Regards,
Dawit A.