kdenetwork/kmail

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at sh.cvut.cz
Tue Aug 20 14:29:49 BST 2002

On Thursday 15 August 2002 22:42, Marc Mutz wrote:

> On Thursday 15 August 2002 20:11, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > I wanted to add a generic solution for this for almost a year now and
> > still haven't done so. (I suck). In README.kiosk it is listed as
> > authorizeURLAction(QString action, KURL referringURL, KURL
> > destinationURL)
> >
> > The idea is that various URL operations can check this for
> > permissions so that you have all URL handling policies in one central
> > place. We would need to define a set of defined actions such as
> > "browse", "open", "redirect"
> >
> > In this case you would call it then with something like:
> > if (kapp->authorizeURLAction("open", KURL("mail:"), url))
> >   do_highlight
> >
> > It sucks a little because mail messages don't have a real URL of
> > their own, so we will have to use something like "mail:" instead, but
> > you get the idea I hope.
>
> <snip>
>
> Sound good. KDE 3.2 stuff or already present?

 Doesn't seem to be in CVS yet. Is it ok if I commit the patch as it was
posted, and the kmailrc options will be replaced by the call to
authorizeURLAction() later when it's available? Or maybe it could be there
just hardcoded that allowed protocols for now are
mailto,http(s),ftp(s),smb,vnc and that changed later?

--
Lubos Lunak
developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.        e-mail: llunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Drahobejlova 27        tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9         fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic         http://www.suse.cz/