bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 14:34:33 BST 2002

On Sunday 18 August 2002 01:21 pm, leimy2k at mac.com wrote:
> I concur with Shawn.  Its good for little projects I think.

Its not so much little projects but singe projects.  I have found it an
absolute nightmare to use with mutiple people and multiple projects.  I get
emails notifying me of the status of bugs i dont have anything to do with,
and I have found it hard to have multiple people access the same bugs.

It could be that I have been using it wrong, but I have heard that bugzilla is
very nice to install and scales to large projects well.  I have a few freinds
using it internal to their companies with good results.

Just my 2c

- -ian reinhart geiser

> On Sunday, August 18, 2002, at 11:24 AM, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> > we started using Mantis for our customers a couple months or so ago
> > because Opie was using it, but there are a fair number of problems with
> > it, and it tends to arbitrarily loose linkages between developers and
> > projects.  It's basically manageable for us, but we've already had to
> > modify the code a couple of times and we have more that we need to do.
> > I don't know that I would recommend it for KDE.
> >
> > Did anyone look at the Loki enhancement to Bugzilla, Fenris?

> >> (http://131.152.105.154/mantis/main_page.php)

> >> get a

> >> I checked mantis a bit and it seems to me not able to handle our
> >> mass of bugs. you would need such a mantis per application.
> >> After reading the mail from Telsa I'm even more convinced, bugzilla
> >> would do us any good if we can clean up the interface for our needs
> >> and kbugbuster can be ported.
> >>
> >> Greetings, Stephan
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Shawn Gordon
> > President
> > theKompany.com
> > www.thekompany.com
> > 949-713-3276

- --
"Calvin Coolidge looks as if he had been weaned on a pickle."
		-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth