bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sun Aug 18 13:46:25 BST 2002

On Sunday 18 August 2002 13:38, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Sunday 18 August 2002 13:05, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >   the bug system isn't really maintained as it is.
> > from my look at bugzilla, it seems to solve all this.
>
> This means you volunteer to maintain it?
Well, I volunteer to set it up and do the migration. For problems that
come up with bugzilla itself, I hope, the bugzilla developers will help me :)

> > the debian bug system has changed since then a lot too, so changing to
> > the new version would solve some of our problems too, but not all of them
> > and
>
> Which?
For one it doesn't use static HTML any more.

> > so it will be mostly about using BTSs - please tell me, but leave
>
> What would happen to kbugbuster, kbugreport and all old bugs in Debbugs?

Well, kbugreport only refers to the wizard, which would need to be rewritten
to either do what it does now or direct to the bugzilla frontend.

The old bugs need to be piped into bugzilla of course.

kbugbuster is the biggest part of work to do. It could be simplified a lot
if we switch to bugzilla though as if it would need to support two BTSs
[see Helio's mail]

Greetings, Stephan