-no-undefined broken for HEAD

Allan Sandfeld Jensen snowwolf at one2one-networks.com
Tue Aug 13 09:38:11 BST 2002

On Monday 12 August 2002 19:03, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Monday 12 August 2002 12:07, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > Is -no-undefined broken for HEAD? (I'm running branch)
>
> So it seems. libtool ignores -no-undefined option and doesn't add
> -Wl,--no-undefined option to the compilation options. Could some take a
> look at this? (Kopete's IRC plugin is a good example, as it compiles
> without warnings even though one of the methods doesn't have an
> implementation)

Yes, the HEAD version of libtool we use havent implemented -no-undefined for
the gcc target. I did some experiments with it, but it seems adding support
makes it impossible to build KDE since -no-undefined also disallows shared
libraries that depend on other shared libraries, which is used extensively in
KDE. (Apparently in ELF terms, symbols in an extern shared library are
considered undefined)