Short hostnames in URLs

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu Aug 8 03:28:54 BST 2002

On Wednesday, 07 August 2002 21:43, Dawit A. wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 August 2002 12:45, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > Dne st 7. srpen 2002 16:45 Simon Hausmann napsal(a):

> I am completely against this patch or any other patch that does any type of
> lookup at this level.  I do understand your issue and I can also understand

Bind offers the cool feature of being able to list all records on a name
server.

$ nslookup
> server <nameserver>.<domain>
> ls -d <domain>

I wonder if the bind libs/tools would allow to do this from code.

Problem is, AFAICT, this feature isn't well supported by all servers, and
especially not by the wonderful windows2000 ones.

With this information, we would be able to automatically build a cache, and
probably update it once in a while (in the background).

(/me, fantasizing, am out)

Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna at sympatico.ca
PhD student .. ctibirna at giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. www.kde.org