Short hostnames in URLs

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at sh.cvut.cz
Tue Aug 6 14:48:43 BST 2002

 Hello,

 could somebody review the attached patch fixing #22901 ? Many people use only
hostnames without domains for hosts in their local network, and Konqueror now
redirects such requests to Real^H^H^H^HGoogle, which is pretty annoying. My
change checks if the given cmd can be a short hostname. There's 0,5sec
timeout on the DNS lookup, so I don't think it should be noticeable,
especially as it's the last thing done in the URI filter (could somebody on
dial-up please check?).

 (The patches belong in kdebase/kcontrol/ebrowing/plugins/shorturi).
--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak at suse.cz ; l.lunak at kde.org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli