Menu rearrangement [was: Re: kdebase/konsole]

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Tue Apr 30 17:54:56 BST 2002

On Monday 29 April 2002 19:39, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> > Was it intended that kcontrol also disappears from the panel?
> The moving of the KControl link itself doesn't affect anything else either.

I think you realized the problem already and I fixed it already. :-)

> > I don't think this is a good idea or looks good.
> > kicker doesn't react to main toolbar icon size changes in KControl.
> You probably chose Toolbar, but not MainToolbar in KControl or you didn't
> notice it's only the 3 lowest entries (logout, lock, run command) that are

No, you always have to run "dcop kicker Panel restart" afterwards. I will not
fix it because I expect that this change will be reverted sooner or later.

> Also this is a start to support visually impaired people, too.

I have the same question as Wilco: Do these people only use these three items?

> > I would move Applications/Desktop Sharing
> Thought about that. Maybe System or Utilities ?

I moved it to System.

> > and Applications/Kverbos too.
> I guess that's in Kdeedu, isn't it ?

Moved it to Edutainment. Have to go to Edutainment/Spanish later perhaps?

KAppfinder sh/could be moved to Settingsmenu. And who can explain me the
difference between Office and WordProcessing for the KAppfinder entries?

Bye,
   Steve