Thumbnail managing standard

Simon MacMullen simon.macmullen at aspect-proteus.com
Tue Apr 30 12:32:12 BST 2002

From: Malte Starostik [mailto:malte at kde.org]
> It's on my HD ready to be committed, just waiting for Qt 3.1
> (neccessary PNG TEXT support fix will be in there).

Cool.

> One thing that sucks about the current
> implementation is that newly installed preview plugins are disabled until
> user enables them. IMHO it should be the other way round, i.e. changing
the
> implementation from an enabled-list to a disabled-list.

OK. I will do this then.

> Any UI improvement besides moving it completely out of konq and/or merging
all
> previews highly appreciated. Hmm, what about this one?
>
> View
> Previews => Show Previews
>                        Settings...
>
> where "Settings..." brings up a dialog for detailed selection while "Show
> Previews" enables / disables all of them at once - or alternatively
toggles
> an enabled flag and if previews are enabled, those that are selected via
> "Settings..." will be used, defaulting to all.

This looks nice... execpt that the "Preview Settings" dialog in question
would have to be different from the existing "Preview Settings" page in
KControl (which would be nice to have a menu link to from there). And we
can't merge them because one is per directory and one isn't.

Maybe just adding an extra "Use Previews" option on the submenu would work.
The one thing that I really want is the ability to turn all previews on and
off easily.

Cheers, Simon