Thumbnail managing standard

Malte Starostik malte at kde.org
Mon Apr 29 22:24:46 BST 2002

Am Monday 29 April 2002 22:22 schrieb Carsten Pfeiffer:
> On Monday 29 April 2002 13:53, Malte Starostik wrote:
> > It's on my HD ready to be committed, just waiting for Qt 3.1 (neccessary
> > PNG TEXT support fix will be in there).
>
> I know nothing about PNG TEXT, but this sounds a bit like metadata within
> PNG files. Maybe you could use the KFileMetaInfo?
Looks interesting. The problem with QImage is that in theory it supports all
KIO::PreviewJob needs via QImage::text() and QImage::setText(), but in Qt
3.0.x the PNG reader just doesn't read those chunks from the file in
non-progressive mode. How fast is KFMI? I still tend to prefer a plain QImage
approach though since in case the thumbnail is up to date (which is
determined from those tags), then we have the needed QImage already. Also, it
would fit well together with the corresponding setText() calls when creating
the thumbnails. Oh well, guess I'll give KFMI a try.
--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]