Thumbnail managing standard

Malte Starostik malte at kde.org
Mon Apr 29 12:53:20 BST 2002

Am Monday 29 April 2002 13:40 schrieb Simon MacMullen:
> http://triq.net/~pearl/thumbnail-spec/
>
> Is anybody working on making KDE conform to this? If not then I will.
> (Gulp.)
It's on my HD ready to be committed, just waiting for Qt 3.1 (neccessary PNG
TEXT support fix will be in there).

> Also, does anyone have strong opinions on removing the list of thumbnail
> types from Konqueror's view menu into KControl, and having just a single
> menu item "Show Previews"?
> (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=101964061319689&w=2)
I'd like to leave it where it is now, because of the possibility to configure
previews per directory and filetype. One thing that sucks about the current
implementation is that newly installed preview plugins are disabled until
user enables them. IMHO it should be the other way round, i.e. changing the
implementation from an enabled-list to a disabled-list. Any UI improvement
besides moving it completely out of konq and/or merging all previews highly
appreciated. Hmm, what about this one?

View
Previews => Show Previews
                       Settings...

where "Settings..." brings up a dialog for detailed selection while "Show
Previews" enables / disables all of them at once - or alternatively toggles
an enabled flag and if previews are enabled, those that are selected via
"Settings..." will be used, defaulting to all.

--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]