another neat idea for the desktop icon

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Apr 29 10:28:30 BST 2002

Hi,

while getting some apps from apps.kde.com to show off this week, I found one
old program for KDE 1.x, DeskManager. As we have the "show desktop" icon,
which is a special one anyway so it can be extended easily (like with the
drag'n drop idea), the idea is to add a popup menu to that button that
displays the icons on the desktop. That way one could have direct access (and
mounting) to the icons on the desktop where most people put their links to
the programs they use most often.

Oh, and the rmb menu over the desktop icon should have a "Configure Desktop"
entry that executes the preferences module like kdesktop has in it's rmb
menu.

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org