toolbar actions customization

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Apr 29 09:52:46 BST 2002

On Monday 29 April 2002 10:38, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> On the same go, I forgot to mention another thing I've been talking with
> tackat about: customizing toolbar actions with actions where there are no
> icons provided. The current dialog lets you insert actions into the toolbars
> where there are no icons for -> looks pretty bad...
>
> As we obviously can't provide icons for each and any action that an
> application provides, plus that we can't expect 3rd party developers to do
> that for their applications as well

No but we can let the user choose an icon, and save it in the XML file using
<ActionProperties><Action name="bar" icon="joe"/></ActionProperties>

Anyone up for some kedittoolbar hacking?

> how about not displaying actions where there are no icons for ?

It used to do that, I removed that check because it prevented e.g.
adding the location label or combo in Konqueror. Those actions don't
have icons, but they don't need one either. The test is actually a bit
more precise, it already skips plain KActions that have no icon,
but shows KAction-derived actions that have an icon. See the
isA("KAction") test in kedittoolbar.cpp:648.

Anyway the real fix is to implement "letting the user choose an icon".
I can see you volunteering from here ;)

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/