KPopupMenu (& hence K-Menu) keyboard navigation patch

Jason Katz-Brown jason at katzbrown.com
Sun Apr 28 05:57:22 BST 2002

2002 4月 27 土曜日 13:58、Aaron J. Seigo さんは書きました:
> On April 27, 2002 03:24 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > > yes... this feature can be turned on in any kpopupmenu with a call to
> > > setKeyboardShortcutsEnabled(true). so bookmark menus, quick browser
> > > menus, the kmenu, etc... can all have the exact same (convenient)
> > > behaviour ...
> >
> > Cool feature. Is there any reason why you would _not_ want to use it? Or
> > stated otherwise, is there a reason why this can't be enabled for all
> > popup-menus?
>
> technically there is no reason why it couldn't be enabled for all menus.
>
> but it does render normal menu shortcuts useless, so it is slightly less
> efficient in the case of short static menus. especially if those menus have
> multiple items with the same first letter(s).

Also, with languages in which you can't type the actually letters, this
doesn't work. This would be any language which needs an input system. It's
not ideal now, where random letters are used for shortcuts (the normal
english shortcuts), but at least it's possible to select menu items.

> as an example, in this kmail composer window that i'm typing right now to
> switch to a fixed width font i currently only need to do:
>
>  Alt-V W
>
> using the keyboard shortcuts i'd need to do:
>
>  Alt-V f i <enter>
>
> i think this method is only really a win on dynamic menus, especially
> larger ones. one could always try it for a few days enabled globally to see
> how it felt, though....

Jason