kfile plugins

Carsten Pfeiffer carpdjih at sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Sun Apr 28 00:23:19 BST 2002

On Saturday 27 April 2002 21:08, you wrote:

Hi,

> Does that mean its worth knocking up plugins for QImageIO supported formats
> using coded-from-scratch file access?

yes, it looks like QImageIO is nice for the beginning, but a little bit
expensive. So having a QImageIO plugin is a good start, but over time, we
could migrate to better plugins, which don't decode the entire image.

> btw- I've finished plugins for .AU, .TGA and .ICO, do you want me to post
> them?  (the .AVI one is mostly done but not finished yet).

Excellent! Do you want to maintain those in CVS yourself? In that case, please
mail David Faure <faure at kde.org> an encrypted password (e.g. change your
password to the one you want to use and look up the result in /etc/shadow),
together with your preferred login name.

> I've thought of a few others I'd like to have - directories (# files, #
> subdirs), vcards (name, email, etc), tsv/csv files (# cols, # rows) - is
> anyone working on any of these?

I can't remember anyone announcing those, so if you have the time... :)

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer