1-touch splitter wanted

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Apr 27 12:01:26 BST 2002

On Saturday 27 April 2002 11:41, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Friday 26 April 2002 09:15, Volker Augustin wrote:
> > I was just wondering why Gtk and Swing have one-touch-expandable
> > splitters but Qt/KDE does not. IMO this is a rather useful widget as it
> > easily lets you show/hide GUI parts you don't need very often. In Mozilla
> > the
>
> Well, this is kde-core-devel, feel free to write one! Extend QSplitter and
> add the missing functionality.

I tried twice and stopped with that. The QSplitter API hardly allows this. I
mailed the Trolls ragrding this with some addtional questions, but apparently
I lost the reply I got from them when KMail ate my inbox at the end of last
year :(

I'm not sure if the qt-bugs list has online archives. If so, search for the
subject 'Collapseable QSplitters?', that's my original mail and I did get a
reply from the Trolls. I didn't follow-up on that due to the complixity and
lack of time.

Martijn