Do we really need Korn ?

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Sat Apr 27 07:34:20 BST 2002

On Saturday 27 April 2002 00:57, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 25 April 2002 14:01, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > as the subject says - I'm wondering if even we developers ever use
> > Korn ? (If you haven't even tried it, run it and tell me if you see
> > a necessity of keeping it in kdenetwork, please).
>
> I use it at work. But soon (KDE 3.1) KMail will hopefully be able to
> replace it.

It might be nice, for those who want it, to have kmail provide this
functionality, but as Lauri said in her message on the subject some
people don't want kmail in memory all the time, especially on low
specification machines.

So, please don't plan to *replace* korn, because some people like it,
use it, and don't want kmail running all the time.

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy at athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."