Registry editor

Zack Rusin zackrat at att.net
Sat Apr 27 07:02:25 BST 2002

Hi,

please no punching, spitting or biting. Yesterday, I found myself going
through the rc config files of some KDE applications and thought that
it might be actually kind of cool to have a tool like registry editor
on windows. I looked at kdenonbeta and since I didn't find a tool like
that I wrote one for myself. After using it for a while I decided that
someone else might find it just as usefull, which would justify
maintaining it for me. For now it can search, change, add and remove
both keys and values. It's super simple, should probably be written as
a control center module and doesn't warn you when you try to change
anything ( yes, you can break some stuff by using it, just like with a
windows version of registry editor). It probably would be kind of cool
to add ability to control other key:value based config files, like e.g.
Xdefaults, and ability to export and import configurations but someone
would actually have to find a need for it, because it already does what
I personally wanted. Let me know what you think. Oh, and of course a
mandatory "how does it look like" thingy:
http://vortex.bd.psu.edu/~mus11/kregedit.png

Zack

--
Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies in a little jar on your
desk.