cdbakeoven dialogs

Matthias Ettrich ettrich at trolltech.com
Thu Apr 25 14:22:06 BST 2002

On Thursday 25 April 2002 13:08, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Thursday 25 April 2002 10:54, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > would like to ask if we could redo them in designer (even if I would do
> > that, I would offer my help there), so things could be fixed easier even
> > by people who can't code at all or extended with options.
>
> <snip>
>
> Have you found a way to tell designer to use KDialogBase as - well - dialog
> base or to don't hardcode layout margins and spacing, but use
> KDialog::{margin,scpaing}Hint() instead? ;-)
>
> Just wondering with all those .ui files popping up in kde cvs... How do
> people cope with those shortcomings?
>
> Marc

There are two ways:

   1. you use QObject::queryList()to get the list of all QLayouts of the form
once it's generated and change both margin and spacing

   2. you wait for Qt 3.1 which will make it possible configurable to specify
a function for the margin and spacing defaults.

I still haven't understood yet why it isn't possible to agree on a reasonable
value like on MS-Windows or the Macintosh rather than making it configurable.

Matthias