Do we really need Korn ?

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Thu Apr 25 13:59:32 BST 2002

At 15:42 25/04/2002, you wrote:
>On Thursday 25 April 2002 14:09, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> > At 15:01 25/04/2002, you wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >as the subject says - I'm wondering if even we developers ever use Korn ?
> > > (If you haven't even tried it, run it and tell me if you see a necessity
> > > of keeping it in kdenetwork, please).
> >
> > It's the first thing I enable on a new installation.
> >
> > Enough said.
>Calm down,

I was actually :)

>  it was just a question of a dumb korn newbie (though I remember
>seeing it in the menu for ages, tried it once but couldn't do anything with
>it, I just use email on pop3).

I think mail notification utilities are always going to be needed by quite
a significant proportion of users. Just recently on IRC, I've seen several
people ask where kbiff is (I haven't seen that in *ages*), and even when I
am using MS Windows for Teletubbies I make sure I have mail notification on.

I know there must be people out there who don't use this sort of utility,
but where I work we all have them, whether we're on Windows boxes or unix
boxes (no matter what environment they are running). It's not policy, it's
choice.

Oh, and if you need help setting it up, I'm sure someone in #kde-users will
help ;)

A.

--
Andy Fawcett