Font installer re-design

Torsten Rahn tackat at kde.org
Wed Apr 24 17:03:24 BST 2002

Am Wednesday 24 April 2002 15:50 schrieb Thomas Diehl:
> Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2002 17:30 schrieb Torsten Rahn:
> > > - they looked really great in english, but as squares in Hebrew or
> > > Arabic. May I suggest to have a preview that can be selected by
> > > encoding. I'm sure that the translators could translate a single
> > > paragraph to be previewable (like: "KDE 3.0 rocks <translation goes
> > > here>)...
> >
> > A much better solution would be an editable Preview so that you can
> > choose your own string (Gimp has something like that :-)
>
> The present implementation of the Font Installer has this as well (under
> Settings -> Appearance). Should probably become a bit more visible.

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough:

It should be _inplace_ editable. In Gimp (and many other Graphics apps) you
can select the text inside the preview and replace it by whatever you're
typing in. Of course this is probably harder to do in terms of code but the
current solution offers a redundant control :-)

Tackat

--
Dipl.-Phys. Torsten Rahn

KDE - Conquer Your Desktop!