Default shortcuts for KDE and Gnome

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at sh.cvut.cz
Wed Apr 24 21:19:00 BST 2002

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 21:06, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 April 2002 13:49, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  http://www.freedesktop.org/about/involved.html seems to be the right
> > place to discuss it. But a) guessing from peeking at their mailing lists
> > from time to time, they have more important things to do right now, b)
> > are you sure GNOME apps actually have something like global shortcut
> > file?
>
> Their shortcuts are configurable, aren't they?  Just to make sure it's
> clear, I'm thinking more about application shortcuts like Ctrl+O than
> global shortcuts like Alt+Tab.

 Sure, they are, but how? I don't feel like compiling garnome just to see, but
I have here gqview (which is a Gtk+ only app). I can change shortcuts for
menu actions, and they are saved in ~/.gqview/accels, but I don't see
anything like we have in kdeglobals. So unless this is different with
gnome2/gtk2, it simply depends on the app and there's nothing central like we
have.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak at suse.cz ; l.lunak at kde.org