kfile plugins

Carsten Pfeiffer carpdjih at sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 24 17:11:02 BST 2002

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 18:03, Shane Wright wrote:

Hiya,

> Thanks for the info :)  Am I understanding right from what you said that
> the image plugins should use QImage for supported formats where possible
> rather than writing file reading codde from scratch?

it depends -- if e.g. the bmp format supports more metadata than QImage could
extract, then I'm all for a separate plugin. However, if there /is/ no other
metadata than e.g. depth and resolution, then I don't see the point of
creating one plugin for every such format, where QImage could be used to read
them all.

> Am already starting - bmp and avi first :)

Great :)

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer