Improving the Layout of KControl modules (was: Re Gnome ....)

Torsten Rahn tackat at kde.org
Wed Apr 24 02:09:49 BST 2002

Am Mittwoch 24 April 2002 00:40 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> This solution totally misses the fact that konqueror allows
> this configuration to be saved per directory; this dialog only
> shows the config for the Desktop directory.
> There is no global config; nor do I think it is needed.
>
> If there is a problem it needs to be fixed; but this is not it.

Well there still persists the problem that if you want to turn all
preferred previews on or off in konqueror you still need to do
this item by item which is a real pita :-)

> > Use Antialiasing on [Common Monitor]
> s/on/for/

Actually this sentence doesn't make any sense for the choice "None" :-)

So we'd better go for:

Use Antialiasing [for Common Monitors]
for fonts larger than [8 pt]

with alternative entries for the Combobox being: [Nowhere] (disables the
second line of the sentence), [for LCD Monitors]

> Good idea; I just would like to suggest to put the list to the left
> of the controls. Seems more logical to navigate IMO.

Yes. that's what came to my mind, too after I pressed the "send"-button ;-)

Greetings,
Tackat

--
Dipl.-Phys. Torsten Rahn