konsole and schemas

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue Apr 23 22:01:05 BST 2002

Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 April 2002 20:45, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>Is it wanted (and if yes, is it acceptable?) that changing a "schema" in a
>>multisession console only applies the setting to the current session?  If
>>it is, it's ugly and confusing IMHO.
>>

> Same for fonts if you ask me...
>
> And if those options popped up dialogs it would have been enough to add a
> checkbox 'only this session' or so in case someone finds a place where it
> does make sense. But these are no dialogs, so that's not an option.
>
> I'd vote for making the schema and font settings global.

/me voting against!

I often use different settings for different sessions. [In fact,
I am using it just now with 8 sessions and 4 different settings].

(If you want to make it configurable, 'only this session' and
'all sessions' -- that's OK with me. Just don't take away the
option to have it different in different simultanious sessions).

Cheers,
Kurt