File copying dialog

Rik Hemsley rik at kde.org
Tue Apr 23 20:58:11 BST 2002

#if Dirk Mueller
> On Die, 23 Apr 2002, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > IMHO it was crap before, and it's fantastic now.
>
> IMHO it is crap now. What the heck is the use of this additional checkbox ?

Exactly what the label says.

Often, I start a download and want to open the file when it is complete.
The checkbox allows me to have the dialog stay up, so that I can press
the 'Open File' button.

Those on fast internet connections may not realise the significance, as
their downloads are so quick they don't even get the dialog.

Speaking of which, that is a problem. I was going to add a small delay
before the dialog closed, but then realised that when a download is
really fast, the dialog isn't even shown. Of course, that's a Good Thing
if you don't care about opening the file afterwards, and a Bad Thing if
you do. How to read the user's mind ?

Rik