RFC: simplification in configuration dialogs dvlpt

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Tue Apr 23 22:24:18 BST 2002

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 23:00, nicolas.hadacek at free.fr wrote:
>Hi,
>
>as promised here is my proposition for some code simplification
>for all configuration UI in KDE. The approach is similar to what KAction
>achieved.
>
>The code is based on a central class KUIConfig (a better name is welcome)
>that associates an UI control (QCheckBox, KComboBox, KToggleAction and so
> on) with a default value, a config entry and group, a text,...
>This class does the loading, the saving, the defaulting and accordingly
> keeps track of the modified state of the control.

Except for the xml stuff, this sounds ver much like what I sggested for
kcontrol a while ago. Back then we concluded that there are only very few
occurances of "simple" itms such as checkboxes to put it into clases but with
support of a xml description the whole thing starts to get interesting...

Cheers,

</daniel>

--
Daniel Molkentin | The K Desktop Environment | http://www.kde.org