Help needed in interpreting valgrind output

Martijn Klingens martijn at martijn.homeip.net
Tue Apr 23 15:09:57 BST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> valgrinding ksiemens (happens with all other apps, too), I see among other
> stuff the following output:
>
> ==1786==
> ==1786== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
> ==1786==    at 0x43DA1112:
> LiquidStyle::drawPrimitive(QStyle::PrimitiveElement, QPainter *, QRect const
> &, QColorGroup const &, unsigned int, QStyleOption const &) const (in
> /opt/kde3_1303/lib/kde3/plugins/styles/liquid.so)
> ==1786==    by 0x43DA6D16:
> LiquidStyle::drawComplexControl(QStyle::ComplexControl, QPainter *, QWidget
> const *, QRect const &, QColorGroup const &, unsigned int, unsigned int,
> unsigned int, QStyleOption const &) const (in
> /opt/kde3_1303/lib/kde3/plugins/styles/liquid.so)
> ==1786==    by 0x407B5BC1: KToolBarButton::drawButton(QPainter *)
> (ktoolbarbutton.cpp:519)
> ==1786==    by 0x40D67483: QButton::paintEvent(QPaintEvent *) (in
> /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.0.3)

I saw this too when valgrinding Kopete, but only with Liquid and not with
Highcolor. So it is definitely a problem that is only triggered by Liquid,
but I haven't looked any further into it yet. Maybe it's because Lidquid
does quite some magic in e.g. polish() to get all the mouse over stuff
working correctly, that only Liquid triggers it?

Or would it just be some obvious bug in the code? Mosfet, are you reading
this? ;-P

Martijn