FontInstaller (Was: Gnome Article on UI Design on /.)

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Mon Apr 22 20:45:11 BST 2002

Am Montag, 22. April 2002 21:25 schrieb Waldo Bastian:

> What is the point of the advanced GUI? I mean, there is something to say
> for being able to group your fonts but in the font-dialog they are all
> thrown together anyway. Why would you care about where the font is
> stored?

In the Advanced Mode (which was originally the default) you can create extra
subdirs and decide where the font is actually stored. The "throw together
mode" was added on special request because some people found the original
"Adobe Type Manager" like GUI to complex.

Font grouping/management was planned for the stand-alone version, AFAIK.

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/
Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/