Gnome Article on UI Design on /.

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Mon Apr 22 17:39:58 BST 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:56:24AM -0700, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Sunday April 21, 2002 05:43, Nick Papadonis wrote:
> >   - You can't make EVERYONE happy with a design decision, however you
> > can please most people and others can hack a configuration file for
> > happiness.
>
> Hard to do that when we have people who complain at every new configuration
> option and who try to reduce the configurability, though.

Why?
not providing a config like he said seems to 'reduce the configurability' IMO.
If you 'hack a configuration file' then that has nothing to do with the
configurability. But a lot more with coding/checking overhead (since you have
to check for it in the software anyway). The GUI (o.a. me) people will not complain
about that!

--
Thomas Zander                                            zander at earthling.net