Moving Toys into Games in the K Menu

Josef Spillner dr_maux at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 22 15:18:29 BST 2002

On Monday 22 April 2002 14:45, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> If you really don't care about nesting and everybody else agrees (which
> I wouldn't expect) make an extra entry like "Leisure" or some such and
> put submenues like "games" and "toys & trifles" in there.

That's not ideal either since you would then have to traverse 3 sub menus to
launch a game (4 for some of ours ;) while launching say kword does only take
1 sub menu.
At least the tea cooker can be regarded as a utily, while Amor and such could
be Games/misc.

When viewing a bit in the future, we'll see games which come with several
entries, for the game itself, maybe a level editor and whatnot. We certainly
don't want those cluttered windows-like menus where each application has 5 or
more entries, favorably anything useless like a README or LICENSE file, but
in general this may (will) happen, and nesting all games one level deeper is
IMO not a good idea.

I could also imagine an extended help menu, with entries for khelpcenter and
kandalf's tips, and some kind of beginner's guide, but I think that's just me
:)

Josef

--
The MindX Open Source Project: Fighting proprietary games
GGZ now! - The GGZ Gaming Zone: http://ggz.sourceforge.net