Moving Toys into Games in the K Menu

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Apr 22 12:00:25 BST 2002

On Montag, 22. April 2002 12:44, Matthias Elter wrote:
> > I thought about that, too. Currently I think deactivating should do it
> > and then writing a graphical frontend that lets kappfinder check for the
> > apps and offer a checkbox for each to add to the K menu (which could be
> > included as an option to run that in kpersonalizer)
>
> kappfinder already has a graphical frontend. Only the checklistbox you
> mention is missing. I don't like the idea of just disabling and waiting for
> somebody to fix the frontend.
I tested that and it can be improved indeed (didn't run it ever because make
install does run kappfinder automatically). Now, nevertheless, it does the
job it should do. I can't see a reason to automatically run it if you can do
it manually. I'm just speaking about the automatic run on kdebase's make
install, so I don't see the frontend not being "optimal" being a reason to
disable the automatic, unquestioned run.

Ralf

> Greetings,
> Matthias

Ralf Nolden