Gnome Article on UI Design on /.

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Mon Apr 22 11:19:30 BST 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 11:29:14AM -0700, Shawn Gordon wrote:

> I would say that KDE is rather too configurable and most users don't care
> to configure to that extent, and as was noted, they don't need 5 different
> CD players and editors, etc.,

Thats two different things; applications installed (which you correctly note
is a distribution thing) and configuration options.

Do you mean the latter as well? The amount of options a control panel has
for example?  Or the dreaded complition mode for example?

IMO the saturation point has been reached some time ago allready, and adding
more options is going to be deadly for the user experience.

--
Thomas Zander                                            zander at earthling.net