RTLD_GLOBAL again (was Re: kdeutils/kregexpeditor/test)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at sh.cvut.cz
Sun Apr 21 12:25:40 BST 2002

On Sunday 21 April 2002 02:57, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Son, 21 Apr 2002, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > rare (I'm actually not sure if any of currently existing plugins uses a
> > library we can't affect that has namespace problems ... anyone?).
>
> The famous Flash5 plugin. Have fun telling Macromedia about the symbol
> clash.

 But Flash is used only in nspluginviewer, isn't it? So nspluginviewer can
simply keep using RTLD_LOCAL, as the Netscape plugins are really unstrusted
source in this case, and there's also no need to use RTLD_GLOBAL in this
specific case.
 Or can one develop a Flash viewing application/KPart/whatever with their lib?
In which case one could try having fun, or e.g. go for XParts.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak at suse.cz ; l.lunak at kde.org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli