Kicker and .directory

Raffaele Sandrini sandrini at kde.org
Sun Apr 21 12:15:23 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 19:43, John Firebaugh wrote:
> On Friday 19 April 2002 6:43, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Sorry to bug the list again with this issue but i can't reach Matthias
> > :-)
> >
> > Ok, again... It seems that Kicker does't look at the "NoDisplay" Tag in
> > .directory files.
>
> Huh? You mean .desktop files?

No .desktop files are apps like "kate.desktop" These files are treated
correctly.
I mean .direcory files like "appslnk/Graphics/.directory" There are infos like
the icon of the direcory and the i18n Name stored. It basically follows the
same rules than the .desktop files. But it seems that Kicker has a bug there.

> If it doesn't, it's a bug, but it does. See service_mnu.cpp:269.

I don't know the kicker code. But as i can see there i this only is true for
.desktop files. The section there does not treat the directorys.

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <sandrini at kde.org>