kdeaddons documentation

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Sat Apr 20 22:01:51 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 22.24, Charles Samuels wrote:
> lørdag 20 april 2002, 01:17 pm, skrev Charles Samuels:
> > First of all, it's consistent with every other module, and secondly, and
> > most importantly, it allows installing only one of the docbook files, the
> > one that you actually want.
>
> This may seem trifle, but it makes one-app-per-package possible for
> kdeaddons.

And I don't mean to be dismissive, I do understand what you want to do.

At the moment, it's a problem anyway, there's no "Help -> Plugins" menu for
Konqueror (and it's unfortunately not a cut and paste issue) and I'm fairly
sure you can tell me that it's pretty difficult to add one sensibly to
Noatun.

The kicker applets, at least, ought to be able to provide one on their RMB
menu, although I don't think many do, and they could easily stand to be
rearranged. The kfile ones are reasonably self explanatory, or could be
covered with "What's This" help and some good tooltips.

The remaining problem is the big one: how on earth to make the documentation
that is there available to the users, primarily for the kate and konqueror
plugins, which often offer enough functionality to need some documentation.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts