Fwd: Re: Application duplication (was: Re: cdbakeoven)

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Sat Apr 20 16:59:47 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 16:21, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> Actually, I think you should make that example a bit more task oriented as
> well: Suppose you want to play audio CDs and there was only a single brand
> offering only a single model cd player, would you like that? I think having
> choise is good.

But all these players have basically the same interface, and different
performances. So here choice makes sense, because it affects your budget and
the quality of the result. Two CD burning programs will have different
interfaces but shouldn't have different results given the same data to burn.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org