Fwd: Re: Application duplication (was: Re: cdbakeoven)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Apr 20 16:06:29 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 16:28, Chris Howells wrote:
> On Saturday 20 April 2002 3:21 pm, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > Flames/comment?
>
> What happens if the user selects "make this default" and "don't ask this
> again", and then decides that he/she doesn't like the editor presented the
> first time?

Hopefully something better than what happens if the user sleects this option
in a KMessageBox, which we already have now ;)

I think there should be a dialog where you can re-enable or re-configure the
settings for all tasks. In other words, 'tasks' should be an integral concept
within KDE that can be managed just as centrally as you can already manage
mime types.

That is all implementation details though, if you ask me, and wasn't quite the
part that I expected a reply on :-)

Martijn