Fwd: Re: Application duplication (was: Re: cdbakeoven)

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Sat Apr 20 14:42:47 BST 2002

Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> On Saturday 20 April 2002 15:15, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
>> On Saturday 20 April 2002 14:37, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
>> > No, because developers will gain status once their application got
>> > "uplifted" into the core, and they will accept the strain that comes
>> > from maintaining an application withing the core CVS more lightly.
>>
>> Extreemly good point.
>
> No. Status doesn't guarantee you'll have enough time to do it properly.
> Look what happened to kpilot. Accepting it doesn't mean you're able to do
> it.

Accepted. But accepting any application that is only basically ready will
only make it gain user interest, and if we have to kick it out of the core
modules because of lack of maintenance it will upset users. kps is a good
example.

regards,
        matze

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"