good thought, good ideas - and...

Raffaele Sandrini sandrini at kde.org
Sat Apr 20 13:48:38 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 14:05, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Sorry, this simply isn't a democracy. This is a loosely organized anarchy.
> Anything else won't work unless we're all paid. You only do what you
> actually don't want to do if you are paid.

I agree with u. You can't force anyone. But as u can see there are some points
where our system fails. There u should add some rules to solve it.
You must also look at the maintainers interest. But the Maintainer has from
time to time to look at the interrest of the whole project. Wich is defined
by many poeple with their votes.

I think debian solves it in a good manner. They take votes from time to time
and the project is well organised.

> Apart from that, there's a reason no-one has yet implemented really direct
> democracy in any country: As the first thing, citizens will vote to reduce
> taxes and then the country dies down since no-one will pay for the street
> repairs.

Sorry ur absolutly on the wrong track. We have direct democraty here in
Switzerland and yes we vote about the amout of our taxes and so on. Perhapps
u can't beleve it but we also pay taxes here.
We vote over every issue here and it lives damn good here. I am also not happy
over every decision wich was made by the people but i can accept it.

--
Raffaele Sandrini <sandrini at kde.org>