Fwd: Re: Application duplication (was: Re: cdbakeoven)

Carsten Pfeiffer carpdjih at sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Sat Apr 20 12:19:58 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 10:47, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> I think we need to "outsource" certain apps to their standalone versions
> not included directly in the core KDE distribution modules like kdebase and
> have one solution (preferrably the best and simplest to use for the user)
> that ships with the base modules.

I disagree, all we'd need to do is change the K-Menu to be task-oriented
instead of showing applications. E.g. "Edit file" instead of a list of
editors to choose from. Yes, that should probably easily switchable, so you
can choose the editor instead of launching the default editor.

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer