good thought, good ideas - and...

Raffaele Sandrini sandrini at kde.org
Sat Apr 20 11:55:56 BST 2002

Hi

There was much discusion. Good ideas have been shared good thoughts were told.
But the sides were polarisied in some cases in some not.
Its time to get more order in all that. We have an extreamli good platform
here. We are one of the "openest" Open Source projects on this planet. But
IMO we are not use our full potential.
We need to add some more democratic rules. We need to take votes in the core
team. On a Sytem based like the debian one.
If we have to good solutions and we discuss endless and finaly it stays then
was that very unproductive. We have to descide. We can do that in simple
Email votings.
Yes there will everytime be an minority wich is not satisfied but there is no
system in the world wich satisfies everyone (marx was wrong in that point :-)
).
I don't say that we should not discuss. No, we should discuss issues in a big
manner but finally we should be able to decide.
I also don't say that we schould elect a chief distri office wich tells what
should be done or not. No, simply fact based voting.

The only thing we would need is a person wich manages the whole thing. 	I
would do it...

Please see this message as an advice to get our potential up and speed up some
processes.

RFC

cheers,
Raffaele