Mutual dependency in kio/{kio,misc}

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Thu Apr 18 23:56:52 BST 2002

I'm having trouble building kdelibs/kio -- admittedly with BSD make and my
am_edit patches -- because of the following:

- kio/misc contains uiserver.h, from which uiserver_skel and _stub are to be
made.

- kio/kio contains observer.h, from which observer_skel and _stub need to be
made.

Thing is, these two need each other:

bash-2.05$ grep uiserver_ kio/*.cpp
kio/observer.cpp:#include "uiserver_stub.h"

bash-2.05$ grep observer_ misc/*.cpp
misc/uiserver.cpp:#include "observer_stub.h"

Is this intentional? How does gmake deal with this? Perhaps I'm just missing
one of the myriad $(somedirectory)/sometarget targets, but it seems weird to
have to generate meta-files in misc, then in kio, before either one can
compile the .cpps.

[ade]